Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lucky 7

I've been tagged several times for the Lucky 7 Meme, which has been so awesome.

The 7-7-7 Challenge:


Flip to page 77 of your current WIP.
Find line 7.
Post the 7 sentences that follow.
Tag 7 more writers.

And I truly apologize if you tagged me and I never passed it on yet--I remember at the time for some reason or another I didn't have the time to respond, since I usually only post once a week! And another reason I never responded is because the 77th page of my WIP doesn't have a line 7, since it lands on a chapter ending!

Okay, enough excuses. This time Juliana Brandt, fabulous blogger and mega-awesome critique partner, tagged me, but I'm going to cheat since I don't have a 7th line on my 77th page!

I'll do my 78th page, wacka wacka.


“Piper, I’m sorry. I really had no idea. And I don’t like her anymore.”
A sound clogs out of my throat, halfway between a sob and a laugh. “Feelings aren’t like brakes in a car, Todd. You can’t just stop.”
I punch through the doors, down the hall and outside. The air has cooled slightly, and traffic streams down the busy street. Sniffling again, I pound the sidewalk toward the bus depot. I’m about a block down when several horns bleep, and I peer over my shoulder.
Todd, in his little red pickup, inches slowly on the street beside me. At least three cars are stuck behind him. It’s like he’s the beginning float in a piss-people-off parade. He rolls down his window and sticks out his bottom lip.


Now to pass it on!

1. Megan Wittman
2. Tobi Summers
3. M.J. Fifield
4. Nick Wilford
5. Rek
6. Cherie Reich
7. Jaye Robin Brown

If you've already been tagged, don't feel obligated or anything! Just thought I'd pass it on!! :D (And yikes if I tagged you and you tagged me first. So if that happens, SORRY!! Lol!)
BTW--If you haven't signed up to do the DUST IT OFF BLOGHOP click here to do it! Join in on the fun!

15 comments

Cassie Mae said...

can I read the rest of page 78? :)

Tobi Summers said...

I LOVE the name Piper. And I really, really like this snippet too. I'm with Cassie; I want the rest!

Jack said...

Juliana is a fabulous blogger and mega-awesome critique partner! Can I also add super-nice? Okay, I will. She's also super-nice!

Great excerpt, Cortney! More? :D

Cherie Reich said...

And yes, I want to read more! I want to know what happened. :)

Thank you for tagging me. I did this a while back on my blog. Here's the link, if you'd like to check it out. http://cheriereich.blogspot.com/2012/03/tagged-lucky-7-meme.html

Morgan said...

Ooooo... my inbox is waaaaiting for this...

Where is it???

;)

inluvwithwords said...

LOVE your snippet!! =D

Rek said...

Very interesting and intriguing ...want more. Someone tagged me earlier but the post never happened. May give it a shot, since I am rewriting my only novel(rather half novel) so far...write short stories and novellas mostly.

Leigh Covington said...

Oh WOW girl! You're awesome! I LOVE your writing and I love your story! So glad you shared! :)

M.J. Fifield said...

The beginning float in the piss people off parade...

I love that!

Thanks for the tag!

Julia King said...

Eep! You totally can't leave us hanging like that. Very good. I'm impressed.

Nick Wilford said...

Dramatic excerpt. I too would like to know what comes next. Thanks for the tag! I got tagged before April too, and I'm waiting til after A-Z (because I *should* have a p.77 by then!) Sadly I'll be away for the blogfest. It sounds like a good one.

Kelley Lynn said...

Love that line 'feelings aren't like brakes'. Perfect :)

Jaye Robin Brown said...

Heh, heh "piss people off parade" Nice. I finally posted mine.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Found you through your Dust it off Bloghop and decided to join your blog too. I love the feel of your blog, happy and homey. It is tough to catch someone with just two paragraphs but you do have to catch young readers fast. I like the lines you chose to use from your novel Phobic. I'm definitely more interested in Piper and feel real sorry for Todd. Janice Foy did an excellent job designing your blog it's amazing.

Plus I'm wondering about the status of your novel 'Where Are Boys From, Uranus?' You didn't put it in your post about the book like your other projects.

Juliana L. Brandt said...

Court, that's a sweet passage! The whole sticking-out-his-bottom-lip-thing makes me like Todd already :)