Friday, March 9, 2012

If My Book Was a Movie...

Today is the WIP: The Movie Bloghop, hosted by the fabulous Kyra Lennon. And I have several WIP's, but I've chosen my YA fantasy novel, which has recently been renamed, Stolen Tears. Here's the blurb, so you  know what it's about:





In a world where emotions are banned by a spell, sixteen year old Kiana Csille must find an enchanted jar of tears and use them to stop the tyrannical Arcaian soldiers from stealing her people's magic.



I love this bloghop because I actually picture my characters as characters in a movie as I write them. Kiana Csille, a sixteen year old catapult of emotion in an emotionless world and also the only person who has NO magic while everyone else does, is based on this beautiful girl right here (except with honey-colored hair). Elisha Cuthbert.



Talon Haraway, Kiana's swoony heartthrob and a seventeen year old warrior rogue who wants the tears to redeem his name with the people he betrayed, has always been based on this bad boy right here:

Ian Somerhalder. It's the eyes, baby. Those eyes get me every time.

As for the soundtrack, I'm going to go with what I listened to as I wrote it:

For the kick-booty scenes where Talon is teaching Kiana to fight, as well as when she busts a kung-fu move on the soldiers, I go with Army of Me by Bjork. This song ROCKS.


I also listened to Sleigh Bells A LOT. Another one to crank up!!


As for the sexy Talon kissy parts (*winks*) I always stick with Edge of Desire by John Mayer. Yeah, I shared this with my kissy scene on Valentine's Day, so I'll share another good one. The Love Thieves by Depeche Mode. The best part of this one is the shmoozy guitar riff at the end, so feel free to look at other blogs while it's playing. ;)




There it is! Stolen Tears the Movie. Lol!! What about you, what actors would you pick if your WIP was a movie? What songs do you write to, if you're like me and can't write without music jamming out in the background?

38 comments

Danielle B. said...

Awesome cast. Ian is so attractive! Those eyes...

M.J. Fifield said...

You had me at Ian Somerhalder. Excuse me while I go wipe the drool off my chin now...

Cassie Mae said...

I cast a Vampire Diaries star too. Gosh, all those guys are uber sexy. Um, I didn't meet Talon, did I? Either that or I was way too distracted by sexy older brother.

And awesome soundtrack!

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Good looking couple. He's very handsome. Good choice. ;)
Thanks for playing along with us today!

Kyra Lennon said...

Elisha Cuthbert is gorgeous, and I have adored Ian Somerhalder since he was in Lost! Fantastic choices, and very interesting story!

Jaime Morrow said...

Ooo, Ian Somerhalder :) I'd choose Julian Morris for the love interest, and as for my MC, I'm not really all that sure.

Juliana said...

"Those eyes get me every time." <<< Me too!
Great choices!!

elizabeth seckman said...

You have such an awesome sight here...yeah I've been snooping. Boys are from Uranus. Awesome title!

Emily R. King said...

Elisha is a great choice. She's pretty but not over the top. I like when characters aren't supermodels. : )

Jenny S. Morris said...

Oh Ian's eyes. Swoon. Weren't these 2 brother and sister on Lost?

Great job!

Tara Tyler said...

i love the name Talon! and those eyes are to die for!
sweet movie setup!

Angela Cothran said...

Oh, I love this pairing!!! I love Ian :) I'd watch him in anything.

Daisy Carter said...

What an amazing premise! The jar of tears immediately made me think if Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts. Not the same, I know, but a good song nonetheless. LOVE the Depeche Mode song!

Theresa said...

Those eyes! My gosh. Ian Somerhalder is gorgeous! And what an awesome premise. I would read/watch in a heartbeat! Listening to the music now :)

twentysomethingfictionwriter said...

Great cast here and I love your music!

Morgan said...

Eeeeeee!!!!! *freaks out*

Cort, I love it. How fun is this hop? Wish I were doing it ;)

Hope Roberson said...

K, I'm going to have come back to your post a few more times today just to stare at his eyes! Wowsa! And that Sleigh Bells song is so awesome! Gotta have it :) Your story sounds amazing!!

Clare said...

Kiana is georgous, and the idea of your story is really interesting.

I'm a new follower via the bloghop.

Melissa Hurst said...

Oh, Ian Somerhalder makes everything perfect!

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Dang auto correct - I meant Kiana.

Jack said...

Awesome actors! Are his eyes REALLY that way? Pretty intense, if you ask me! Oh, and your music rocks, too! ;)

Ashley Nixon said...

Oh man! This is a great combination! I'd totally watch this movie!

Jolene Perry said...

Yes. Those eyes are IMMEDIATE swoon . . .

Larissa said...

Ah, Ian's eyes. *stares* *drools*

LOL--Great post!

Cortney Pearson said...

Ha ha, thanks everyone! It's fun to hear your comments!!! :D

Cortney Pearson said...

No, unfortunately you didn't meet Talon!! He was just about to show up though! :D *snaps fingers*

Pk Hrezo said...

Nice! And I love your music choices! SOunds like a fab story!

Carol Kilgore said...

I love those eyes, too!
Happy Weekend :)

David P. King said...

That's an excellent cast selection! And this is for the query that that good Doctor had a look at, right? I would of had a ball casting my WiP. Too bad I didn't hear about this Bloghop until just now. Have a good one! :)

Daisy Carter said...

Hello, fellow WIP, The Movie blogger! Thanks for following me! I've tagged you for the Lucky Se7en challenge. You can check it out HERE!

Kelley said...

Ooo, I really love Ian! Nice choices! Great music too! :)

Leigh Covington said...

Wonderful choices all around! And you are right about his eyes. WOW!

Jessica Therrien said...

Oh yeah, Ian Somerhalder is my super secret hot crush. Okay...maybe not so secret. LOVE HIM!!

Kim Van Sickler said...

Isn't it fun imagining your work being performed by your chosen actors and with your choice of music blaring from the big screen? You're right about Ian's eyes!

Juliana L. Brandt said...

Oh gosh, that's exactly how I pictured Kiana! Though Tal was a bit different... ;)

Jess Stork said...

Lol, nice this is a fun idea for a post. And you're right... it's totally the eyes.

Julia King said...

First of all, Depeche Mode is awesome.

With that out of the way, I have no idea who would play my charcters in my WIP. No one really fits the role. However, in my first book, Richard Armitage from North and South would fit my MC perfectly. Although he'd have to look like a 17 year old. haha

I listen to a wide variety of music. Right now, I'm loving Sara Bareilles, One Republic, Secondhand Serenade, Taylor Swift, and Christina Perri.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love this casting blog hop! Especially since it's something I swear I'm incapable of doing for my own. And your picks are awesome!